Administrator @ 01 February 2011
We have released version 1.8 beta 1 of Freestyle Support Portal.
This release support Joomla 1.6 as well as Joomla 1.5
This is a BETA release, as we do not have the same ammount of sites to test this on with Joomla 1.6, so please let us know how you get on installing this. Due to the large ammount of changes required for Joomla 1.6 support, I expect that some things may have been broken in Joomla 1.5 as well as things not working properly in 1.6. We have done a lot of testing on this, but without a large base of people to test it, cannot be sure of having solved any problems.
New in this release is the following:
- Joomla 1.6 support
- Ticket Tags - Allow a ticket to be tagged with your information to find tickets of a certain type
- Handler Signatures - Automatically add a singature when a support handler replies to a ticket.
- Ability to turn off the handler field display to user
- Ability to turn off the priority information
- EMail default address when no handler is assigned to the ticket
- Optionally override sending email and name
- Optionally override site title in sent email
- Allow HTML code in ticket replies
- BUG: Apostrophe (') in ticket subject causing issues
Show users other tickets
- Optionally lock support ticket while being edited (other handlers can only view the ticket, and not edit)
- Search results tab for ticket search with count
- Around 75 different bugs fixed
- View tickets tags, attachements and lock status when listing tickets
- Filter by tags in basic and advanced search
- Dont allow user to change custom fields on a closed ticket
Hope this doesnt cause too many problem, please test this on a development site, and not straight onto your live sites.